I have found this crazy recipe for dog cookies at a blog of a friend. She was very happy the let me put this to your attention so you can all give your dog a special treat next weekend.
You can find more lovely recipes for your four legged friend and companion . Check it out it is more than worthwhile looking it up! http://doggydessertchef.com
I love cookie cutters .. I have a great collection of all different shapes and sizes but due to my allergies if I use them on dog treats I can’t use them for my food again so I haven’t really had a chance to use all the shapes I want to.
To get me started on my dog treat cookie cutter collection a friend gave me a bunch of different shapes for my birthday and for some reason she mentioned in the card that her dog loves lamb and cheese. I’m not sure what that had to do with my birthday … but she’s right I haven’t use lamb yet.
So I made some Lamb and Cheese (mozzarella cheese) Dog Biscuit flowers for Daisy and as a thank you to her and her mom.
Daisy has good taste too, my dog tore these treat up!
- 1/2 cup Lamb (cooked and shredded)
- 1/2 cup Cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Allow cheese to come to room temperature, mix with lamb. In a large bowl combine with all other ingredients until well mixed.
- Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 inch thick. Cut into shapes with the cutter of your choice. Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheets and poke with a fork to prevent air bubbles. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate.