French onion soup
The key to great French Onion soup is to start with good beef stock. Thinly sliced cheese or grated cheese can be used to top the croutons, which are best when homemade from crusty French bread.
- 4 large Onions, sliced
- 50 g butter
- 1 l beef stock
- Seasoning (Peper en salt)`
- 4-6 slices of french bread toasted
- 50-100 g cheese grated
- Fry the onions in the butter until golden brown and soft
- Add the stock and seasoning, bring to the boil, simmer for 45 min.
- Pour individual dishes
- Place a slice of toast on each serving, sprinkle over cheese and melt under the grill.