This time I have chosen for this cake because it’s so easy to prepare but also because it ideal as an appetizer. you can prepare it and put it aside to finish at the last minute. You can also let your imagination go over this recepis and replaced the olives by other things such as sundried tomatoes, pigs ears, pig cheeks or many other things! Later in the olive season I’ll definitely come back to tell you more about this product. But for now enjoy the preparation of this recipe!
Cake with black olives
(8 pers.)recipe Jean-Luc Heremans With Gusto
- 90 gr. butter
- 100 gr. bacon
- 8 gr. baking powder
- 185 gr. flower
- 1.5 el. mustard
- ½ bundle parsley
- 3 eggs
- 1 bundle roquettesla
- 7.5 cl. Extra virgin olive oil Australian
- 90 gr. gruyere cheese
- 100 gr. pitted black olives Taggische
- Melt the butter in the cake on a low heat.
- Pick, wash and chop the parsley.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl, mix as under sifted flour and baking powder, add the mustard, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, Swiss cheese, chopped parsley, and melted butter, mix well at all, trial off, the cake should be sure to spice. Mix the last cut olives and diced smoked bacon Taggische below and fill down in greased baking.
- Put the cake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees and let bake for 45 minutes
- Remove the cake from the oven, remove from the tin or form, and let cool on a wire rack.
- Wash and remove the longest stems of the roquettesalade.
- Cut the cooled cake into thin slices, then cut them diagonally into 2 or 4 parts, heat a little butter until lightly browned, and bake the cake briefly on both sides.
- Arrange the rocket salad on a plate, place a slice of cake baked on the plate and serve warm.